People around us, around world

To make better life, world, we should know what is happening in the world. Here, again, we have certain purpose to know it.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

School of tomorrow Philippines


I visited School of tomorrow Philippine office yesterday in order to inquire SOT program. Their office is located in Paranaque city, it was not so difficult to find out it.

After I arrived the office, it is actually school, their office is located inside some school, we inquired about the registration, procedures, tuition fee etc,

With SOT, we can do homeschooling with their materials because their textbooks and teaching manual is very well made I think, it was well-organized and detailed in terms of teaching procedures and contents also. And also we can establish school with their system, paying like loyalty, and also many of schools and colleges approve the record of study in SOT for the admission of their school.

here is some information about SOT program

Programs
They offer the program for pre school to college students. So the kids who can not read ABC to mature college students can study with SOT.
The subjects also cover all subjects which are handled in public school.
The textbooks are very good, it has two version, US and local. US version is with color.



Registration
At first, the applicant should undergo so called ‘diagnostic test’ which probably gives some simple test to the kids like IQ test but I didn’t see the questions. And after that, based on the result of the test, the school assign or suggest certain level of course to the student and then, the student can get their textbook and materials. So homeschooling starts.

Pricing
Tuition fee was not expensive comparing to ordinary school. Because of its service is home based, there is no teacher need, just mom can do. or daddy.

Diagnostic test - P1000
Family registration fee - P14000
Registration fee per student - P2500
Yearly tuition fee - it varies depends on the grade of the students. But pre school was almost P3000.

Here is weird part for me, the family registration fee. Even though I decide to register only my son, we need to pay family registration fee first and after that, I can register my son to the school with another charge of P2500.

And other charges for textbooks and materials.(US version is more expensive than local one)

I just tried to recall my memory last Sunday but the capacity is so small, sorry, I am not sure if the pricing is correct but not too far from my notes.

During on the way going home from the school, my wife and I discussed about it but the decision is not made because it is very important decision for my son and we are afraid of being not socialized if my son study at home for long time, the textbook and manual was so covetable though.

5 comments:

  1. Sir, why don't you try to enroll your son in their school-based learning? i am a product of ACE here in Zambales, and i tell you that your son will benefit greatly. During my era, all subjects are all in English(that's the reason why they can't get accreditation from the DECS before) but now they have Philippines local subjects. even before they are operating in a K-12 curriculum long before the DepED decided to change our local curriculum.
    The christian values integrated in all the subjects is the most significant benefit your child can receive. I am 33 now, and a principal in the private Christian elementary school. we are planning to convert our Pre-school department to ACE curriculum. i hope this will help you decide further. God Bless you! Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir,

    I can assure you that socialization will not be a problem for homeschooling as long as you provide avenues for it (your local church may be able to provide plenty of opportunities for such). My son has been studying under the ACE curriculum for over 4 years now, and I can say that he socializes very well. More than that, the advantage that we have as homeschoolers is that our students can socialize vertically i.e. interact with all age groups most of the time rather than just socialize with his/her peers. You can even customize the program to a certain extent in order to suit your child's individual needs. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks...
    sat test singapore

    ReplyDelete